Half Dome from the Yosemite Valley floor
Psychiatry & Psychiatrists

Psychiatry & Psychiatrists

The view from under a gerbera daisy.

While any medical doctor may prescribe psychiatric medications, only psychiatrists have had specialized training to do so. An internist, family doctor, or pediatrician will often treat the more common mental symptoms and disorders. The more complicated a behavior problem, mental symptom, or mental illness is or becomes, the more likely that a specialist should be consulted.

Psychiatry also includes many different areas of additional training called subspecialties: child & adolescent, addiction, geriatric, and forensic. If addictions are the issue, you may want to see someone with additional special training in addictions. If your child or adolescent has behavior problems or mental struggles, you might want to see a child and adolescent psychiatrist. Likewise, if you are 65 years old or older, you will want to see a geriatric psychiatrist.

Monique Masse, M.D.

Board Certified Psychiatrist

12630 Monte Vista Rd, Suite 202 Poway, CA 92064

(858) 485-9102

Notice to Consumers

Medical doctors are licensed and regulated by the Medical Board of California

(800) 633-2322


Notice to Patients: Open Payments Database

For informational purposes only, a link to the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Open Payments web page is provided here. The federal Physician Payments Sunshine Act requires that detailed information about payment and other payments of value worth over ten dollars ($10) from manufacturers of drugs, medical devices, and biologics to physicians and teaching hospital be made available to the public.

You may search this federal database for payments made to physicians and teaching hospitals by visiting this website:


© 2024 - Monique Masse, M.D. - All Rights Reserved.